How do you feel when you workout using your full body strength? I’m sure you must have felt an invisible force pulling your muscles, which results in nothing but pain. Either you ignore it and let it be like it is, you opt for a manual massage using oils and medicine or even go to a masseur to relieve that muscle tension. But why spend money on another masseur when you can be your masseur? Yes, you read it right. You can be your masseur, thanks to the best muscle roller sticks.
In case you have not heard about muscle roller sticks, they are rods that you need to use for rolling out muscle tension, which is a result of all the squats, jumps and push-ups you’ve given while working out. Constructed out of various materials, they come in different sizes as per the type of your pain. Many rolling sticks also feature creases to reach deep muscle tissue even better.
You might be in a dilemma about what to buy: a foam roller or a muscle roller stick. The essential difference between these two is that a foam roller consumes your body weight for a good and effective massage, but a muscle roller uses only your hands. Now it’s up to you what you choose to go for.
You can increase the joint range of motion in a short time by using the post-workout option, which helps stop the mitigation of the muscle’s soreness, typically leading to a strenuous workout. This is an essential aspect to be kept in mind because less muscle tension will result in a much more effective workout the next day and vice versa.
A foam roller is much convenient to use for larger muscle groups like quads, glutes, and hamstrings. But a comparatively smaller muscle group like calves needs a roller stick. Also, it is portable and handy, thanks to its size. But a muscle roller doesn’t require much pressure to be put on if you are a newbie at this.
For keeping yourself aloof of a painful experience, try to keep the pressure at the tip of our hands and gradually ascend it. Make sure not to use it on your bones, as the name itself doesn’t support it!
Now, if you are convinced enough to add this tool to your belongings, here are the top 10 muscle-rolling sticks you can select from.
- Best Muscle Roller Sticks
- 1. The Stick Travel Stick
- 2. Type A+ Special Edition Muscle Roller Sticks.
- 3. Moji Curve Pro Massager
- 4. Original Tiger Tail Massage Stick
- 5. TheraBand Roller Massager +
- Top 10 Best Muscle Roller Sticks
- 6. Muscle Roller Stick Pro
- 7. Muscle Roller Massage Stick
- 8. Namastick Original
- 9. IDSON Muscle Roller Stick
- 10. TriggerPoint Performance GRID STK
Best Muscle Roller Sticks
1. The Stick Travel Stick
This is a classic muscle roller stick, which is travel-friendly in terms of its size. This stick has excellent flexibility, and the red handles allow it to be so. It is made up of a space-age plastic, which helps you target the muscle pain and effectively removing it from your legs. This stick effectively handles Myofascial release, causing less pain. It can be moved back and forth to identify the painful areas and trigger them with the stick.
- The flexibility of the core bends and allows you to treat a much larger area much more comfortably
- Center rod of the stick is surrounded by 8 rotating spindles or rollers, which roll independently over the muscle
- 17” long roller is designed to rock back and forth a little bit to find and release painful trigger points
- Helps to improve strength, flexibility, and endurance by rapidly preparing muscles for physical activity
- Post activity use enhances and accelerates muscle recovery by dispersing the effects of lactic acid
- Standard flexibility, the Travel Stick is the second shortest Stick
- It is great for portability; primarily used on legs
- Length: 17 inches
- Type: Standard
- Grips: Red Color
2. Type A+ Special Edition Muscle Roller Sticks.
It has soft massage gears that help to massage effectively all over your body. It helps to connect with the muscles and fascia and also helps to make tight knots free. The soft gears offer you a softer feel during every massage.
- Deep tissue massage
- Excellent for sore muscles
- Removed fatigue
- Stimulates blood flow
3. Moji Curve Pro Massager
The Moji Curve Pro Massager contains four large stainless-steel spheres that offer targeted relief to the larger areas like quads, hamstrings, hips, calves and IT bands. If you keep the roller in the freezer before rolling it all over, you’ll feel a cooling sensation that will help to reduce your muscle tension, scar tissues, and all sorts of inflammation to a great extent.
- Made in the USA, backed by a 1year warranty
- Dual Therapy
- Four large stainless-steel spheres
- Aimed relief
- Fast and effective recovery
4. Original Tiger Tail Massage Stick
This is an ultra-portable foam roller for tired, weak, tensed, and sore muscles. The combination of orange and black makes it represent a tiger tail, which is somehow funny and exciting at the same time. This massage stick is a true friend for your skin.
The Tiger Tail massages your muscles profoundly and perpetually circulates blood and oxygen into muscle knots for easing your pain and for a fast recovery. It has 10 inches of cushioned foam for the great massage. Moreover, the soft caged rubber grips assist in preventing hand fatigue. It helps relieve back pain, joint pain, muscle pain, and gives you a good feeling after a workout.
- 10 inches of cushioned foam
- Massage therapy
- Pain relief
- Gentle and comfortable
- Easy to handle
- Grips made of rubber
5. TheraBand Roller Massager +
This is a retractable handled massaging tool, straight out of your favorite band maker, and is the ultimate travel-friendly solution. The 19 inches stick can be folded to 12 inches and can be carried easily in your bag, so its flexibility is a particular feature.
The stick itself features a creased outlook to better grip the tissues of your body. Roller massager stays 10-15 seconds around the muscles, and work has been shown to prevent delayed muscle soreness (DOMS) without compromising the range of motion or muscle output
- Super flexible; 19 inches stick can be folded to 12 inches
- Unique ridged design
- Excellent for a trigger point release, self-myofascial release, and self-massage
- Home remedy for extensive pain
Top 10 Best Muscle Roller Sticks
6. Muscle Roller Stick Pro
Having a stainless-steel core and a smooth plastic exterior, this massage stick is firm but gentle to your skin and muscles. The seven spindles of the roller function accurately to cure muscle tissues.
If the price is your constraint, this is your thing. Also, it is the best massage roller stick for athletes – deep tissue, trigger points, cramps, quads, calf & hamstring tightness, Myofascial Release – reach places foam rollers can’t.
- 17.4 x 1.9 x 1.9 inches; 11.2 ounces
- Robust and water-resistant
- Excellent quality
- Pocket friendly
7. Muscle Roller Massage Stick
This unique piece helps to release muscle tension and boost blood circulation throughout the body, thanks to its handheld feature. It has comfortable non-slip handle grips and smoothness up to infinity that focuses on crucial areas, causing pain relief and enjoyable experience.
- Circulates blood flow
- Super comfortable
- Doesn’t pull your body hair as it is smooth in texture
8. Namastick Original
This is a wooden massage roller stick. Despite the material, it functions effectively and relieves your muscle tensions perfectly. It cures myofascial release for sore and weak muscles and recovers deep damaged tissues from within. It is mobile, usable by all, budget-friendly and effective.
I am sure no one regrets after buying this. This is super light in weight, with no-frills. This wooden massage stick is made of exclusive quality hardwoods crafted from birch and maple trees. It also includes a trigger point round sphere at its ends for spots that require extra attention.
- Made in the USA
- 16 inches in length
- Improved functioning range
- Wooden spheres at the tip, for circular motion massage
- Compact, practical and durable
- 100% recycled packaging
9. IDSON Muscle Roller Stick
It is the ultimate tool for you if athletes and sports are your fields. This IDSON stick is made of high-quality materials and nine rollers that roll freely to help relieve the deep tissue cramps. The thermoplastic rubber and handles made of polypropylene offer a comfortable cushy grip that enables you to roll for a more extended period.
- 17.5×1.5 inches
- Cures soreness and aids in quick recovery
- Great and durable design
- Ideal travel-sized stick
- Recommended by therapists
- Money-back guarantee
10. TriggerPoint Performance GRID STK
From the business that has taken the grid foam roller to you, this handheld roller has the same variable surface style that you love, but in the form of a compact handle. Use the handles to outstandingly apply pressure to the areas you seem to target.
- Great size and shape which is ideal for anywhere and everywhere you want
- Acugrip handles for relieving soreness
- Good regular density
Add any one of these to your routine, and carry it with you to your gym or wherever you like, and make you after work out phase enjoyable, with fresh feels and pain-free.